Re: command line interface tool question

On 9/22/12 8:32 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 07:13:10 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:

What command line interface tool or tools does Linux have available to
snag a graphical image of what's on the screen and save that image in a
file?
That I know, "ffmpeg" can do it but there has to be others.

I've never used ffmpeg for this; I use ImageMagick's import command.

# import MyGraphicImage.jpg

then click on a window to take the snapshot of that window, or draw a rectangle with your mouse of what you want captured.

You can also import into other formats, just by changing the extension of your filename:

# import MyGraphicImageAsAPNGFile.png

More info at http://www.imagemagick.org/script/import.php

--
Kent