Re: Display hurtful on LCD screen with Wheezy

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 23:40:30 +0200, Lionel Trésaugues wrote:

> First, thanks all of you to try to solve the issue I encounter with
> Debian.
>
> I will come back now to some of the points you mentioned in the
> discussion.

(for the next time consider individual replies instead putting all the
bunch in the same basket ;-) )

>>  Yes, but better if you describe in detail what kind of pain you are
>>  feeling because how the screen has to look like can be sometimes a
>>  matter of personal preference
>
> I tried to do so couple of lines above. Important point, I used to work
> with Debian as my main OS some time ago (on Sarge, as far as I remember)
> on another laptop with LCD screen, and never experienced this. I mean,
> if I agree that we can't exclude the personal preference issue, I am not
> physically allergic to the Debian environment ;)

Okay, but the given description is not enough. Can you upload a snapshot
of what you see in your screen and what's what you find unpleasure? That
way we will able to give you more hints.

>>  Mmmm... At a first glance I see nothing wrong from the xrandr output,
>>  I mean, technically speaking both resolution and refresh rate values
>>  are right.
>
> Yes. Me neither. The only parameter I couldn't check (due to my lack of
> knowledge) is the horizontal refresh rate. Any idea how I can get this
> value ?

The standard refresh rate for TFT/LCDs is set at 60 Hz. which is your
current value (unless you have a very special or super high quality
display).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón