Re: [OT] How to redirect input/output to another console?

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 3:38 AM, Andrei POPESCU
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mi, 12 sep 12, 19:20:20, Alex Robbins wrote:
>>
>> I think development has stopped -- upstream. Some people (presumably
>> the Debian people) have been developing patches. I imagine that some of
>> these patches are for security fixes; I know that some are added features.
>> Either way, I think screen is still considered "deprecated" in favor
>> of tmux.
>
> By whom? References please :)

I don't know about "deprecated" but development seems to be stalled:

"screen-4.0.3.tar.gz	821 kB	8/7/08 12:00:00 AM" is the last release
hosted on ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/screen/.

From

http://savannah.gnu.org/people/viewjob.php?group_id=4235&job_id=512

you have:

Screen needs development help for GNU Screen

<snip>

Submitted By: micahcowan
Date: Fri 03 Oct 2008 05:19:48 PM UTC

<snip>

After a hiatus of a few years, GNU Screen is preparing to make a major
new release, with fun new features like vertical splits, and layout
save/restore.
There are just a handful of important bugs left to work out before
4.1.0 may be released, but we are extremely short on developers to get
the work done.

<snip>