Re: Installation

On Mi, 12 sep 12, 17:53:41, Weaver wrote:

> I would be an advocate of at least a separate /home partition in the
> 'Newbie Install'.

How big? IMVHO a separate /home partition[1] makes sense now[2] only if
one can make reasonable guesses about future use. I got it wrong several
times and so have many others.

If you think initial partitioning during the install is difficult just
think about how difficult it will be to repartition later. And no, LVM
doesn't really make things easier either for someone who has no idea
about partitions.

[1] actually a separate anything
[2] this might have been different in the early days of *nix, but those
days are gone.

Kind regards,
Andrei