Re: Custom SSH Authentication

Hii

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 10:04:51PM +0100, Alex Robbins wrote:
> I am looking to set up a custom SSH authentication system.  I have a several
> RSA key pairs for my user, and I want to restrict ssh access based on which
> key pair is being used (not based on user name).  On top of that, I want
> to restrict keys based on time of day.  In short, a certain key can only be
> used at certain times, while another key works around the clock.

Others have already responded to this part with good responses

> I am also hoping to take it a step further and say that the restricted key
> (the one that only works at certain times) also requires that a pass phrase
> be provided that changes based on an arbitrary algorithm, perhaps involving
> the time of day or date.

Hm.. on the server-side, a passphrase cannot be enforced: The
passphrase is used when decrypting the actual SSH (private) key, and
the server side will have no reliable way of telling whether a
passphrase was needed or not.

--
Karl E. Jorgensen