Re: Xsane error with Workforce 645 printer

El 2012-09-07 a las 11:52 -0700, Gary Roach escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On 09/07/2012 10:34 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 10:12:20 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
>>

>>> Our old epson printer just threw a rod so we replace it with a new Epson
>>> Workforce 645 printer. Nice printer.
>>>
>> It would be better should they provide any kind of support to the OSS/
>> linux drivers>:-)
>>

>>> I am trying to get the scanner to work with Xsane and keep getting the
>>> error " Failed to start scanner:Error during device I/O"
>>>
>> (...)
>>
>> You may find this thread interesting (starting at message #9):

> Actually the problem seems to be between my printer and my Actiontec
> M1424WR router. The printer is supposed to list the computers that are
> on the network on the printers front panel. This allows one to pick
> which computer to send the files to. The list is not happening. Sounds
> like a non-debian problem but any help would be appreciated anyway.

Ah, okay, I thought you were having problems for acquiring the scanned
images from Xsane. If what fails is the AIO device cannot locate/list
the computers in the network I would run some basic tests to discard a
configuration issue:

1/ First, ensure the router is not filtering/blocking neither ports nor
UDP/TCP traffic from/to the LAN.

2/ From the AIO device run a network connection test which according to
the manual it's under Network Settings / Check Network Connection.

3/ Test with an ethernet cable as this will help to discard/confirm the
problem is coming from the router filters/firewall settings.

4/ Can you at least print from your computer?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón