Re: [OT] How to redirect input/output to another console?

On 9/8/12 4:58 PM, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
[snip]
> ... and so I am looking for a way, that
> - either she can see, what I am doing in my shell
> - I can see her shell
> - or best, we can both work in ONE shell
[snip]

You should be able to share a shell using screen and maybe tmux.

A) It's very easy if you are both logged in as the same user.  In one
terminal, where foobar is the name of your screen session:
	screen -S foobar

In the other terminal, attach to that session:
	screen -x foobar

B) If you are logged in as two different users, then you have to use
acls and screen must be set suid.  I don't know about the safety of
that.  In the first user's terminal, start screen as above, where foobar
is the name of the screen session and user2 is the second account to be
sharing the session:
	screen -S foobar
	^A:multiuser on
	^A:acladd user2

Then in the other terminal, attach to the first user's session
	screen -x user1/foobar

I think something similar should be possible with tmux, but I haven't tried.

Regards,
/Lars