Re: Do I still need alsa if I have pulseaudio

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> writes:

> a howto got put up on the orca-list email list describing how to install
> a graphical user environment and have it come up talking and pulse in
> any of its forms is not part of how to do it, so the claim that pulse
> adds extra layers of complexity I have had direct experience on over
> here!

Did you use it? I'm avoiding it since it's more than difficult enough to
get alsa to work, and once it does, it does and I don't see any need for
pulseaudio.

Having that said, alsa doesn't fully work in that the microphone input
of the on-board sound card is dead ever since audacious did something to
it. Pulseaudio won't fix that, and better don't ever run audacious ...

--
Debian testing amd64