Re: How to find the lost 'installed application' - OpenOffice.org Impress

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:43:25 +0800, Ryan Duan wrote:

>     I use Debian squeeze, now it cannot find OpenOffice.org-Impress to
> open odp and ppt files, but Impress does have been installed, I can use
> command "ooffice -impress" to open it.

(...)

sm01@stt008:~$ whereis ooimpress
ooimpress: /usr/bin/ooimpress /usr/share/man/man1/ooimpress.1.gz

If file association is what fails, you can manaully instruct your DE
(GNOME?) for opening the files (e.g., ".odp" and ".ppt") with OOo Impress.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón