Re: Xen vs KVM

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:59 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unless there's a fedora-devel thread where this was discussed, there's
> probably no way to know why RHEL6 switched to kvm except to assume
> that kvm's in-kernel and xen isn't. This has changed in the latest
> kernels so xen support might very well be re-added, and possibly
> favored, in RHEL7.

This is uninformed.  I don't know why you bother to write it.

Please visit the Redhat web site and search for information on virtualization.

Here is one of the many news items one can google showing Redhat
has dropped Xen in favour of KVM.  KVM is the cornerstone of Redhat's
attempt to compete with VMware solution.  Xen support in Redhat
is set to expire in 2014.

http://www.infoworld.com/d/virtualization/red-hat-drops-xen-in-favor-kvm-in-rhel-6-498

Here is the 2008 announcement regarding Redhat's purchase of Qumaranet, which
may answer some questions about xen and kvm in Redhat's future (now
the present).

http://www.redhat.com/promo/qumranet/