Re: VirtualBox WinXP host, Linux Partition guest?

Hi

This may not be the correct place for me to post this question but i couldn't find anywhere that i can. Please direct me to the correct forum if it is the wrong place.

I have two partitions created on my Laptop, one for Win XP and the other for Debian Squeeze.

I read about this article and tried the suggestions. Booted from Win XP (as Host)and created a .VMDK file to boot Debian VM guest from the "REAL" Debian partition. It works and able to logon into the linux system.

However, I encountered problem with networking. I'm unable to ping anyone else except local host. When check on IFCONFIG, there is no eth0 configured.

To confirm if my ethernet card is ok, i booted up Linux from Linux partition. It came up perfectly ok and I can ping my gateway and i can see eth0 in IFCONIG.

Did i missed anything or the networking would not work in this kind of setup?

Appreciate your input & advise.

--
Regards,
Ernest