Sound kaput after dist-upgrade on 15-8-2012

No sound after dist-upgrade on sid can't find a reason, has this happened to anyone
else?

my ALSA installation:

ii  alsa-base                        1.0.25+2+nmu1

ii alsa-utils                          1.0.25-3  amd64

ii alsamixergui                    0.9.0rc2-1-9.1  amd64

ii libsox-fmt-alsa                  14.4.0-3  amd64

SoX alsa format I/O library

I use the Asus Xonar D1 sound card and I thought the snd-Oxygen module but I read
maybe I should have the snd-Virtuoso module but when I use 'Module-Assistant' I see
the alsa modules are not loaded, so why would I need that now? I don't know about
the Virtuoso driver but I'm sure I have the Oxygen driver, just can't find it but
don't seem to be able to find it.

Any ideas?

--
CK