Re: installing Debian on an iMac

Am 30.07.2012 um 22:19 schrieb David Harrison:

I thought I'd like to install Debian on my mac. Any hints or clues on where to start is appreciated.

If you want to keep OS X installed and just want to have Debian installed, a virtual installation using VirtualBox (is free for Mac also) runs fine on my iMac. It installed without problems--both VirtualBox and Debian 6 Squeeze.

Here in the ofiice with have many Mac workstation, 3 Mac OS X servers, and many Linux servers.

If you would be near our location (Nuremberg, Germany), we could offer you many old power Macs cheaply.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer