Re: SD slot read card failed.

On Thursday 26 July 2012 3:43:43 am lina wrote:

> > You worte:
> >> I wonder, is it possible to read without the card reader.
> >>
> >> Thanks with best regards,
> >
> > After such errors I would w/ built-in card-reader, I would restart
> > whole the machine - for needs to be reset (the reader) - and it is the
> > easiest way.
> >
> > Then try again w/ it. If no luck, then I suppose Your built-in reader
> > does not support such card for some reason or rejects working w/ it, or
> > drivers for it does not work correctly in such circumstances.
>
> I just don't want to waste the slot, if it can be used.

I'm having a problem visualizing your system.  Your system has a slot for
inserting a SD card?  OK (I guess).  The cards have changed over time so that
an old(er) reader will not read a new(er) card.  You have an external reader
that will read the card.  There is probably nothing that you can do about the
internal card slot (beyond put a strip of black tape across the front of it,
perhaps <grin>) since it is probably soldered to the motherboard.

Mark