Re: Daemons in schroot or how to start chroot automatically

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 04:52:24PM +0000, Ramon Hofer wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:54:58 +0000, Ramon Hofer wrote:
>
> > I found what I did wrong: In the init.d script I used chroot instead of
> > schroot:
> > http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Lamy4K4a
> >
> > Could you please help me with the correct command?
> > Instead of `chroot /srv/chroot/sid /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus start` can I
> > use `schroot -c sid sabnzbdplus start`?
> >
> > Then this would be my new schroot script:
> > http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Lamy4K4a
>
> I have made some changes to my script:
> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=VFr77mwK
>
> There's some mess with the output of the commands. So it's not really
> nice but it's working.
>
> I've tried to use the -q option for schroot but it's still talking...

Firstly, add schroot to Required-(Start|Stop), since you do
need it to be set up prior to starting new sessions.

I would also check the return status of schroot.  If sid-sab
already exists, then session creation will fail, and you'll
reuse the old session.  That might not be incorrect, but
in the general case, I'd recommend checking.

What "talking" are you seeing?  --quiet should hide all the
messages, unless there's a problem.

Regards,
Roger

--