Re: what graphic card to buy?

Hi,

Dňa Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:29:47 -0400 Gary Dale <garydale@rogers.com>
napísal:

> The basic premise is that freedom cannot infringe on the rights of
> others. The "freedom" software companies take to not open their drivers
> infringes on our rights to control the hardware we buy.

My premise is: "One person's freedom ends where another person's freedom
begins", but it is the same (i hope).

By this, you are right. But this premise must take to action in the
reversal too. Consider please this reversion:

"Our rights to control the hardware we buy must do not infringe the
company's rights to secret their business secrets."

And this is what i am telling.

There is only one problem - what mean the ability to control own hardware?
For me, the working VGA card with appropriate performance and with ability
to set their properties in my system is enough. For another persons this
can mean different things.

But perhaps, there is place to take another (more) companies in the action,
which will be more interested in the open source, in other words - will be
produce the "open source hardware".

PS: i hope, that i wrote this in proper manner, this theme is a bit out of
my english vocabulary :-)

regards

--
Slavko