Re: Debian on a 32G USB flashdrive

On 16 July 2012 11:56, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
On Mon 16 Jul 2012 at 09:35:20 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
[...]
As for the slight slowdown with a lot of read/writes, this might simply
be the nature of the medium compared with a hard disk.

It certainly is; I tried running from a pendrive formatted with ext3; it 'killed' my pendrive.

If you still want to use usb you could use an SDHC card in a usb converter, runs faster, (& so far hasn't died).

HTH
--
Sent from FOSS (Free Open Source Software)
Debian GNU/Linux