Re: Transferring files between Samsung tablet and a Debian box

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM,  <mark@neidorff.com> wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me how I can transfer files between my Samsung tablet
>> with Honeycomb and my Debian boxes with Lenny or Squeeze, using either a
>> USB or Bluetooth connection between them?  I know I can transfer them by
>> e-mail, but that method is cumbersome.
>>

> If I can add value to this post....I just got a Samsung Galaxy S III and
> would like to know how to transfer my music and podcasts from my PC to the
> phone.  Just like the tablet, the phone is not recognized as a device when
> the USB cable is plugged in.  So, my question is how are files copied to
> it?

But when you plug it in, could you look for it in dmesg?

That is, when you plug it in and press the button to connect it, can you
run dmesg, and look for lines like
   blah blah blah /dev/sdg blah blah blah
then sudo mount it on /mnt (or elsewhere)?  (There may be some wrinkle
like you mount /dev/sd-whatever instead of /dev/sd-whatever1.)

Anyhow, if that works, then you can just copy files in and out
of where you've mounted it.

dan