Re: What is the best way to turn off the iptables

Hi,

On 05.07.2012 17:28, lina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the best way to turn off the iptables?

I think that iptables cannot be turned off.

> or come back to its default settings. Flush my current one.

iptables --flush
removes all rules in all chains. This might be dangerous, but if
something bad happens, rebooting should fix it. If you didn't try
rebooting yet, I suggest you to try it just in case.

> Since I tried to configure the iptables, I have encountered the
> following problems:
<...>
> 4] Are there someone willing to sharing some iptables template, a
> bit mature one with explaination.

I use ufw, which is iptables frontend. If I want to allow access to
for example port 22, I just run "ufw allow 22", which allows access to
both TCP and UDP port 22. It's also possible to limit that allowing
access to TCP or UDP port with for example "ufw allows 22/tcp".

If you are interested, see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW *
*= Yes, I know that that is Ubuntu guide, but same commands work with
Debian after you install package ufw.

> Thanks with best regards,
<...>

- --
Mika Suomalainen

NOTICE! I am on mobile broadband with very limited time, so I cannot
read emails very much.
The best time to contact me is probably weekends when I have better
connectivity with good luck.