Re: PS2 Keyboard not working after latest update

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:30:11 +0000, James Allsopp wrote:

> I'm sorry but I'm having a bit of a problem with Debian squeeze.
>
> The keyboard hardware is working as I can use it in grub but as soon as
> I get to GDM the keyboard does not respond. Even if I kill GDM via ssh,
> the keyboard doesn't respond on the terminal.
>
> I'm all up to date on upgrades and my xorg.conf is minimal; Section
> "Screen"
> 	Identifier "Default Screen"
> 	DefaultDepth 16
> 	SubSection "Display"
> 		   Depth 16
> 		   Modes "1280x1024"
> 	EndSubSection
> EndSection

I don't know if this will be of any help but Google suggests adding:

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option          "AutoAddDevices" "True"
EndSection

In xorg.conf (if you are using it).

> Here's my Xorg.0.log if that helps, there something about a power button
> but I don't know what to do about it.

(...)

> (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event2)
> (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
> (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
> (II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
> 	compiled for 1.7.6.901, module version = 2.3.2 Module class: X.Org
> 	XInput Driver
> 	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 7.0
> (**) Power Button: always reports core events
> (**) Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event2"
> (II) Power Button: Found keys
> (II) Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
> (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD)
> (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
> (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
> (**) Option "xkb_layout" "gb"
> (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event1)
> (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
> (**) Power Button: always reports core events
> (**) Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event1"
> (II) Power Button: Found keys (II) Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
> (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD)
> (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
> (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
> (**) Option "xkb_layout" "gb"

(...)

It seems the Xorg driver is detecting the keyboard properly :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón