Re: Configure sudo

On 26/05/12 01:43, Tom H wrote:
>>  * apt-get install but not remove
>
>  IMO this is possible by setting whole command "apt-get options *" in
>  sudoers, but i never tried this. I have on one my server this:
>
>  User_Alias    EJABBER = snmp, www-data
>  EJABBER ALL=(ejabberd) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/ejabberdctl stats *
>
>  by this line (i hope) only snmp and www-data can run
>  "/usr/sbin/ejabberdctl stats *" command. The asterisk can be replaced by
>  any other option (package name for you). But be careful with apt-get,
>  because there can be more than one (install, remove, ...) command can be
>  used in one line... Perhaps some shell script for this, which will accept
>  only package names?
You can create a "/usr/local/bin/a-g-i.sh" wrapper script

if [ x"$*" = x ]; then
echo "USAGE: ..."
else /usr/bin/apt-get install -- "$@"
fi

and give your partner (if you're comfortable given that company
installation rights!) sudo access to it.

Careful with that:

zircon:/home/richard# a-g-i.sh nano-
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  nano
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 1,810 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

:-)

Richard