Re: Things we should know about PGP

"The signature is evidence that message comes from me. If I sign all my
messages, I can say that I sign all my messages and possibly unsigned
offensive content, which is spoofed to "come" from my address, isn't
sent by me."

You also could lie and anyway send unsigned mails.

And why is it needed? If you call a friend do you have some code words,
questions to ensure that you don't speak with a voice imitator. And do
you record the phone calls and rewind to prove what your friend or you
said in case of a disagreement?

This is a loss of civilization!

We don't need this.

An employer might google my name and find posts of a doppelgänger of
mine. Less likely, I only found my own posts, but I also found somebody
with the same name, living in another German city, IIRC I found just the
snake mail address of the doppelgänger, no posts.

FWIW you mails are ok here.

This is only visible if I explicitly view the source:

        --------------enigD875626BE35FED68C9AA150D

        --------------enigD875626BE35FED68C9AA150D--

This is what I see as the email:

        09.05.2012 21:09, Jon Dowland kirjoitti:
        > I didn't check beyond the other person: if they have sigs on
        their key,
        > then it's feasible Mika is joined to a/the web of trust.
        Rather than
        > try to manually construct such a path,  I fed Mikka's key into
        pathfinder
        > web sites, but his key is not widespread enough, and the ones
        I tried
        > didn't know about him.  I did not rule him out of the web of
        trust, nor
        > prove him in.

        Please feel free to put my key on those path finder services
        (gpg
        --keyserver <keyserver of pathfinder> --send-keys
        4DB53CFE82A46728.

        I'm sorry, but you won't probably find any relation to my key,
        because
        of
        https://github.com/Mkaysi/mkaysi.github.com/blob/master/PGP/WhyDoISignEmails.html.md#your-signature-doesnt-mean-anything-anyway-because-you-arent-part-of-any-trust-web
        .

        I will now continue this policy,
        https://github.com/Mkaysi/mkaysi.github.com/blob/master/PGP/WhyDoISignEmails.html.md#why-did-you-write-this-page
        .

        PS. My name is written with one "k" letter, Mika, not "Mikka".

        PS of PS. If anyone happens to visit near this city and want to
        meet me
        to sign my key, that might be possible too, but I don't see any
        reason
        why anyone would be interested about this city.

        --
        [Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||
        [gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys