Re: Only 3.6gb of 64gb RAM recognized by 64bit squeeze

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 11:19:10AM +0200, Seyyed Mohtadin Hashemi wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>    Before anybody starts arguing that I don't have 64-bit, this is uname -r
>    and uname -m:
>    [1]root@n03:~# uname -r
>    2.6.32-3-amd64
>    [2]root@n03:~# uname -m
>    x86_64

[cut]

>    Hope somebody can help me fix this, I cannot think of anything that could
>    cause this

This may be an issue with your kernel. Can you post the output of the
following here?

  $ grep CONFIG_HIGHMEM /boot/config-$(uname -r)

If you get "# CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is not set" in the list, then you'll
need to look at re-building your kernel to support RAM > 64Gb.