Re: LightDM in Linux Mint Debian Edition 201204

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 09:57:47PM -0500, Jason Hsu wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get LightDM to work properly in the latest release of Linux Mint Debian Edition (201204)?  I can replace the default MDM with LightDM with just apt-get commands.

First:
Linux Mint Debian Edition is *not* Debian, it's Mint.

> The problem comes when trying to boot up with LightDM.
> During the process of loading up LightDM, the screen
> blacks out and does nothing.  I know from the logs I
> looked at (had to boot up with a live ISO and mount the
> LMDE installation) that LightDM did try to start up.
>
> Why doesn't LightDM work properly?

You should provide the relevant bit of the log.
I made a nice cup of tea but sadly, the leaves
told me nothing about your Mint problem...

Now if you were using Debian, the tea leaves would
almost certainly have your answer right here in my cup,
or in some lister's cup anyway.
But since you're posting with a Mint question to a Debian
mailing list, you'll have to do a bit more work than just
"why doesn't it work?".

> --
> Jason Hsu, Linux literate software development engineer

:P

--
   <\   />