Re: netinst.iso - a "learning experience"- Part 1 grub

Johan Grönqvist wrote:
2012-05-06 00:10, Richard Owlett skrev:
Why a "learning experience"?
'Cause when I've finished recovering, I'll know more ;/

NOW, when system boots I have 2 choices - Debian and
Debian in recovery
mode.

b. Can I do anything at this point to allow choice to boot
Windows?

I think I have seen similar behaviour after installation,
and that it was fixed by running update-grub (as root) on
the command line.

After an update-grub run, I again had a windows option.

/ johan

Thank you. I thought that was the answer. But I've learned caution in the last 4 decades.

It worked. I now have access to Windows again (for what that's worth ;)