cron job not executing

I've got a little cron job,
just trying to fire off a script (see http://tonyb.us/mattbot )
and it's not firing.

I have other jobs on the same crontab that do.
When I run the script manually, it runs.

I've tried, in my user crontab
0 * * * * /path/to/script
or
@hourly /path/to/script
or
0 * * * * cd /path/to/ ./script
and even stuck a script in
/etc/cron.hourl with
#!/bin/bash
cd /path/to/
./script

and none of these has made the script run.

I have another in my user script
05 2 * * * /path/to/another/script
and it works every morning at 2:05am, like clockwork,
so I can't figure why this new one isn't working.
Permissions on both scripts are the same, etc.

Now, I've also added a script to /usr/local/bin
with the cd /path/to
./script

and tried to tell cron to run that script with
0 * * * /usr/local/bin/script
I'll have to wait another 35 min., now, to see if that works,
but I can't figure out for the life of me why none of the other methods
worked.

??

Probably something really obvious I'm overlooking, but the more I look,
the less I see why there's a problem.

any and all assistance appreciated in advance

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me
all tony, all the time!