Re: mySQL workbench

On 05/05/12 18:08, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 05 May 2012 17:52:22 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

On 05/05/12 16:13, Camaleón wrote:

There's a Ubuntu deb. Did you mean that?

Yep, that one.

I saw it, but I'm always a bit suspicious of 'buntu things! Will it
work?

I have not tried but I can't see why not :-?

Well, I tried. Dozens of missing dependencies. Since my source build
works fine, I abandoned that idea ;)

Fair decision. But I bet you also had to install a bunch of packages to
get the compiled version working ;-)

Oh, yes! Which is partly the reason I didn't want to do it again!

There can be missing package dependencies but nothing that cannot be
solved by getting the required packages from the usual Debian
repositories.

... eventually.

Well, you can have a sligthly idea of the needed packages by looking at
the requirements for the wheezy's built binary file:

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/mysql-workbench

It's rather a long list :-)

Yeah, well, I guess I'll wait for wheezy to become stable.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Tony

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org