Re: [OT] Manually verifying PGP/MIME signature with GPG

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> I tried saving the individual parts ('v' and then 's' ), but that didn't
> work. Not curious enough to try your mbox method, mutt's automatic
> verification works fine :)

That won't work because the saved part is the *body* of the part and
not the raw encoded bits of that part.  It is the raw encoded part
that is signed, not the decoded body.

See my earlier response in this thread where I showed how this can be
done manually.

Basically you need the raw part which includes the Content-Type,
Content-Transfer-Encoding and Content-Disposition headers too.  The
signature includes those headers.  If the file you saved does not have
those headers in them then you do not have the file that was signed
and the signature cannot be verified.

Bob