Re: Prompting for settings on first boot of a pre-installed image.

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 18:09:18 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> 21.04.2012 17:57, Camaleón kirjoitti:

(...)

>> I wonder how Canonical, Red Hat or SUSE SLES/SLED (i.e., commercial
>> linux distributions) manage this...
>>

> I can only answer to your latest wondering. Ubuntu has option for "OEM
> install" in LIVE-CD menu or at least it used to have. I think that that
> option has moved to alternative (text) install CD.

Mmm... you must mean this:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubuntu_OEM_Installer_Overview

And it seems Linux Mint and Trisquel both provide an ISO for doing
something similar:

Installing Linux Mint 12 in OEM mode
http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/747

OEM Installation
http://trisquel.info/en/wiki/oem-installation

For Debian I've only found this same question asked in the forum:

oem-config-prepare for Debian

It would be nice having such a tool ("oem-config") here. If the OP is
interested maybe he can suggest it to be packaged (ITP):

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/index.en.html

Greetings,

--
Camaleón