Re: Apache2 "double free or corruption" error on PHP pages

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:45:53 +0200, Günter Ladwig wrote:

> we have just upgraded a server from lenny to squeeze and we're now
> having problems with Apache and PHP (presumably). We have a MediaWiki
> 1.18 installation (not from a Debian package) on this server. The usual
> pages work fine, however as soon as I navigate to a history view or
> special page, I get a "connection reset" error in the browser.
>
> I had a look at Apache's error.log and discovered this (full backtrace
> is at the end of this mail):
>
> *** glibc detected *** /usr/sbin/apache2: double free or corruption (!prev): 0xb956ec08 ***

(...)

Is there something logged before the above line?

> I have found several instances of similar "double free" bugs on Google,
> but usually a few years old and with no helpful suggestions. Any ideas
> on how I should go about diagnosing this problem?

Is the backtrace fully reproducible when you specifically load Mediawiki
pages or this also happens when you get an arbitrary (self-made) PHP page?

There's a debug package for apache2 (apache2-dbg) but before installing
nothing I would first report it in Debian BTS.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón