Re: dpkg fails to install 32-bit adobe acrobat reader on 64-bit wheezy system: depends issue

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:27:44 -0700, Chris Hiestand wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2012, at 9:33 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> Do you have the 32-bits compat libraries installed ("ia32-libs",
>> "ia32-libs- gtk")?
>
> Absolutely.
>
> chiestand@wheezy:~$ dpkg -l ia32\* |grep -E '^ii'
> ii  ia32-libs                                        20120102               ia32 shared libraries for use on amd64 and ia64 systems
> ii  ia32-libs-gtk                                    20120102               GTK+ ia32 shared libraries

Okay.

>> Similar problem reported here:
>>
>> http://forums.adobe.com/thread/934740?tstart=3
>>
>> Anyway, IIRC, debian multimedia provides a compiled binary for 64 bits…
>
> Thanks, I might give that a try. But my larger concern is with dpkg. I
> think I'll try that mailing list next.

I see :-)

How about downloading/installing from the "tar.bz2" instead? I think
Adobe provides its own script installer and avoiding the deb (and
thus, dpkg) may give you a clue about where the problem is.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón