Re: Seeking aptitude flag to 'do not over write configuration file'

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:11:04 +0200, Brent Clark wrote:

> I would like to know, when you do an 'aptitide safe-upgrade'
>
> And then you get the following example
>
> Configuration file `/etc/apache2/sites-available/default'

(...)

>      N or O  : keep your currently-installed version

(...)

> Is there a flag to skip this section and accept no as the default? I.e.
> Do not over write the configuration.
>
> It will be a really time saver.

It can also be a security flaw. At least for *that* specific case (the
default apache configuration file can expose your system when some
conditions are met; more info at DSA-2452-1).

IMO, security updates deserve a careful examination before deciding how
to proceed.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón