Re: Re: SB1040 X-Fi Xtreme Audio produces no sound on Squeeze

In /proc/asound there are a number of files and directories
that deal with sound, but all of them are 'read only', even
for root. The modules file contains two entries for sound
drivers, both of them being for snd-hda-intel. If I try to run
'modprobe -r snd-hda-intel' I get that it is in use, so maybe
my card 0 is satisfied with that driver. Unloading the driver by
putting an option in alsa-base.conf with an index of -2 and
rebooting turns off the system beeps ( which have always
worked). Since the module seems to be determined by the
entries in /proc/asound/modules, which is apparently
unmodifiable, even by root, I can't test out the other
candidate driver, snd-hda-codec-ca0110

Does anyone have an idea how to proceed?

Three modules:

       snd_hda_codec_ca0110
        snd_hda_codec_atihdmi
        snd_hda_intel

snd_hda_intel is needed for -both- cards.

( there are many different cards that all go under this flag, that is what makes it so confusing. )

So you should put the option for the ati module in alsa-base.conf .

Hope you will get it to work !

--Jasper.