Re: any tiny webcam viewer ?

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM, J. Bakshi<bakshi12@gmail.com>  wrote:

Dear list,

I have tested my webcam with guvcviwe and the cam is running fine.
Now I like to place a tiny viewer on my desktop which simply
sits at the corner of my desktop and whenever I like I can
record the views. Is there any ?

Thanks

Hi, not especially tiny but I like vlc. You can choose the minimal interface and get just the output from the webcam without any menu. VLC allows to resize the window, choose output proportions, take captures and much more with just a right-clic on the output window. Be careful to choose the right video output module for your system, as here cpu use can range from 40 % (all in software and cpu) to 5% with proper output module.
vlc can be launched from the command line or a script easily.

HIH