Re: apt-get dist-upgrade failed.

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:48:15 +0530, Amrish Purohit wrote:

> Hi,

Hi, please, avoid using html formatting when posting, it's very hard to
read under some clients, thanks.

> I installed debian stable kde with live cd
> "debian-live-6.0.3-i386-kde-desktop.iso".  My PC was not connected with
> internet, so after the installation, my source.list file was with only
> one line of cd - repository. Then I populated /source.list/ with
> following repositories because I want to install debian with testing.
>
> ###### Debian Main Repos
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free

(...)

Mmm... just out of curiosity, if you wanted to use testing instead
stable, why is that you didn't download a testing ISO image ("debian-
testing-i386-kde-CD-1.iso")?

> To convert debian stable in testing, I fired following commands.
> apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade
> But dist-upgrade failed with following error. "E: Could not perform
> immediate configuration on 'phonon-backend-vlc'. Please see man 5
> apt.conf under APT::Immediate-Configure for details. (2)"

It could be a specific problem with that package. Have you read the
suggested doc?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón