Re: nepomuk, tracker - why such CPU and memory hungry beasts are installed automatically?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:59:23 +0300, David wrote in message
<[🔎] 201204102159.23240.d_baron@012.net.il>:

> It is time that KDE (and Gnome) background services ran nicely niced
> out of the way but this is still, after all this time, not the case.

..leaving nepomuk alone, IME it stalled my boxes, looks like it never
checks whether any previous run has finished or even is still running,
it just throws up another run after run, eventually you'll have a few
dozen runs frying away your cpu cooling paste.

> I have long disabled Nepomuk and use Recoll instead. Indexing daemon
> (option) runs niced and one does not know it is running. It simply
> works.
>
> I have a runner for using recoll in krunner on kde-apps if interested.

..yes?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: