Re: Some KDE apps depend on kdebase-runtime, which is transitional

On 03/30/2012 10:26 AM, Camaleón wrote:
[....]
Can you post/upload the exact command you used (how did you manage to
remove tha package) [....]

I was using synaptic. I marked kdebase-runtime for ``complete removal'' (purging), and was presented with the list of packages see my earlier e-mail) to be removed as a result. I just repeated it, and now, instead of thirteen packages, it wants to ditch 27 (list available on request :-). I presume the difference is that I dist-upgraded in between---I'm following unstable.

After a bit of poking around, I decided that the better part of valor was to not remove it. :-)

I would open agaisnt the transitional package "kdebase-runtime".

    Ah, that makes the most sense to me, thanks.

--
	Best wishes,

		Max Hyre