Pinpointing faulty kernel driver?

Hi all

When upgrading kernel series 3.1.0 to series 3.2.0, suddenly my system
won't boot. It hangs with the message

Waiting for /dev to be fully populated

I read the manual and found out how to drop into the initramfs debug
shell, but I am unsure how to proceed from here. I guess the problem
could be a faulty driver that I need to disable, but I know of no
(efficient) way to find out which one. Ideally, I would load one
driver at a time, and see when the problem occurs.

Can anyone help? Or am I completely off track with this problem?

I am running the latest packages in both kernel series, and the 3.1
series does not have the problem.

Regards

Lars