Re: When will Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x be Released?

On 27/03/2012 16:51, Jon Dowland wrote:
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 01:04:57PM +0800, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
I am actually looking forward to Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x.
As we all know, Debian 6.0.x is still using the old Linux Kernel
2.6.
The 2.6 → 3.0 leap was not that large.

When will Debian 7.0 be released? Debian with Linux Kernel 3.x
release seems very slow when all the other Linux distros already
have the latest Linux Kernel 3.x. Why do I want Linux Kernel 3.x?
Because I want to play around with Xen virtualization (dom0
required).
So you want a cutting-edge kernel to play with yesterday's virtualisation
technology? The mind boggles!  Debian 6.0 has KVM, libvirt, virt-manager…

Besides, the 2.6 series kernels in 6.0 carry the Xen patches, e.g.
<http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/xen-linux-system-2.6.32-5-xen-686>

Debian developers, please speed up! I love Ubuntu and Debian
Linux!!! I am already using Debian wheezy with my Samsung Intel Atom
N455 1.6 GHz netbook, with Shorewall Firewall configuration.
Perhaps you could help?<http://www.debian.org/intro/help>

Dear Jon,

libvirt and virt-manager are not virtualization solutions/hypervisors. They are virtualization management tools.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore