Re: Reportbug from scratch

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:48:46 +0100, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:

> I'm trying to get reportbug working. I tried to send several bug reports
> and I was completely unable to see it published on the BTS of the
> packages.

When a bug is reported successfully, you usually get a confirmation e-
mail. No e-mail, no bug report :-)

> I can't get any log from reportbug: I accomplish all the steps, selected
> to send via SMTP and, after a few seconds, apparently reportbug confirms
> that the bug has been sent and I can close the program.
>
> My reportbug configuration file:
>
> $ grep -v ^\# .reportbugrc
> reportbug_version "6.2.1"
> mode standard
> ui gtk2
> email "josel.segura@gmx.es"
> no-cc
> header "X-Debbugs-CC: josel.segura@gmx.es"
> smtphost "reportbug.debian.org"
>
> If I try to send an email from CLI using the mail command, exim print
> some error logs, but nothing when I try with reportbug.

I would use the smtp service of GMX, directly.

> In which way are the e-mail for the BTS sent?

I would start over and re-configure reportbug again.

http://wiki.debian.org/reportbug

Besides, you can also use the GUI interface (gtk based), but be careful
because this interface it can break at any time, so if you are writing
long reports with lots of data included, save your report elsewhere, just
in case :-/

Remember that you can also send manual reports by e-mail, in the event
all of the above fails.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón