Re: dir is not ls

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:10:20 -0300
Dr Beco <rcb@beco.cc> wrote:

Hello Dr,

> I'm astonished! 'dir' is now officially a linux command! My gosh.

Not used it myself, since I've been so used to ls.  I only tried to find
because of your initial post on the subject.  "which dir" showed where
it resides.  A comparison between dir and ls using the --version and
--help options reveals that, in fact, they're, essentially, the same
program.

> Just save the alias in /etc/profile.d/bash_aliases.sh and we are done.
> (But I think a rm /bin/dir is also applicable)

Every time there's an update to coreutils dir will be back, don't
forget.  Anyhow, won't the alias take precedence?  If yes, why bother
removing dir?

--
 Regards  _
There's no point in asking you'll get no reply