Re: filesystem mounted as noexec

Il 18/03/2012 02:30, T o n g ha scritto:
On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:43:41 +0100, Lorenzo Beretta wrote:

Most likely your filesystem is mounted with noexec,

Bingo! Thanks!
Hmm..., but why? I didn't specify noexec for any of my mounted filesystems
except /proc:

  $ grep noexec /etc/fstab
  proc            /proc           proc    defaults,noexec,nosuid  0       0

However, 3 of my reiserfs filesystems are mounted as noexec:

  $ mount | grep reiserfs.*noexec | wc -l
  3

All of them have the following controls in /etc/fstab:

   auto	defaults,users,notail,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=flush

Does that means auto+defaults for reiserfs filesystems are noexec?

or maybe it is "barrier="? Actually two of them have barrier=flush and
one of them has barrier=1. I vaguely remember from the log that barrier=
is not supported by reiserfs but I didn't care about it before.

Please help.

Thanks

some google-fu, and a look at mount(8):
"""
users Allow every user to mount and unmount the filesystem. This option implies the options noexec, nosuid, and nodev (unless overridden by subsequent options, as in the option line users,exec,dev,suid).
"""