Re: OT Apache Open Office

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 04:09, Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net> wrote:
> Look at the referenced bug reports, there are attachments to the reports showing
> what has happened to my templates & archived docs. others have noticed this also.

Thanks, I will start enumerating the differences between OpenOffice
and LibreOffice here:
http://dotancohen.com/eng/difference_openoffice_libreoffice.html

Please contact me with any additions or corrections, and I will start
trolling both the OOo and LO mailing list for other differences.

Thanks.

>  To LO devs credit they patched v3.5.x?   so that the double lines are no longer
> so large that they hide data in the cells for archived docs.  Newest bug is for
> the double line style not being a close representation of previous bouble line
> style, e.g. new docs with tables using that style will not match archived docs
> with tables with that style.
>
> As far as maintaining a page with the differences I think it is worth watching how
> the new feature in LO concerning table,border line styles plays out. Not only did
> it break backwards compatibility in LO, it departs how AOO  renders those line
> styles also. AOO does not render the double line style created in LO 3.4.x &
> later(they are blank), have not tested other table line styles

As that is a primary use case for you, I would appreciate it if your
could be tasked with that particular difference. Just let me know
what, if anything, changes.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il