Re: wheezy: disable X11 screen blanking

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 09:09:21 -0700, Aaron Marks wrote:

> I am using Debian wheezy and X11 on x86-64. I noticed that after five
> minutes with no input or so, my screen is blacked. How can I disable
> this feature? I DO have xset -dpms s off in my .xsession BTW., but this
> does not help.

Check if your current settings are okay ("xset -q"). Besides, what VGA
driver are you using?

There's a nice article about power management options with a bunch of
command line samples at the ArchLinux wiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Display_Power_Management_Signaling

Greetings,

--
Camaleón