Re: New computer planned. Now: New computer delivered.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 06:43, Sian Mountbatten
<poenikatu@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

> One problem. The Wifi card is a RealTek TL-WN781ND

You mean TP-Link TL-WN781ND
RealTek is a wifi (and other) chip manufacture, not a card maker.
Atheros is the the chip make for this one.

> which according to
> my web search for Linux drivers, is based on an Ath9K chip. Anyone
> know how to get Wifi working for this Wifi card?

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k

Any kernel newer than 2.6.32 has Ath9k by default.
A newer kernel might have better/more specific support
for that card.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers