Re: unresponsive keyboard

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 04:14:45PM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> On 2/22/2012 11:20 AM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> >
> >            .........snip.........

> >> Interestingly, 5 of your 6 postings to this list since 12/22/2012 have
> >> to do with keyboard problems of one sort or another.
> >
> > I assume you mean 12/22/2011, unless you have a crystal ball.
> > I only find 2 posts from me in Debian-user archives in 12/2011
> > concerning the same keyboard shortcut problem.
>
> Of course 2011.  Being a smart ass over a typo with someone trying to
> help you doesn't work in your favor Bob.  Note the word "since".

That was a casual observation. Not meant to be smart ass.

You're right. I forgot to check all the archive pages in 12/2011 and
1/2012. The posts you refer to had to do with the way Gnome's keybinding
was acting.

> >> Interestingly, no one else seems to be reporting such issues.
> >>
> >> Blow away any kb config files you've modified and restore the default files.
> >
> > Haven't modified any keyboard files.
>
> I forgot, Debian stores configuration changes in the ether...

You lost me with that one. Elaborate?

Just tried the last ditch solution. I reinstalled, keeping the /home
directory untouched. The problem remains. Now I'm really lost. Seing as
how I formatted everything but /home, the problem may be lurking there,
but I'm damned if I can find it.