Re: Windows screws up Linux's clock

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> Windows initially gets the time from the hardware clock, but it may also
> get the time from the internet (NTP protocol?). Since your hardware

It's SNTP nowadays, I believe.  Windows has never been big on timekeeping.

> Of course, the registry hack should work as well, but you'll have to
> remember to do it on the next re-install ;)

More like one should prepare a registry update file to set up some Windows
parameters to be less idiotic, and use it after every install.

Now, maybe we should provide a registry file to fix the Windows hardware
clock to UTC in our install media, and mention it in the install
instructions?

  Henrique Holschuh