Re: changing USB flash drive permissions

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:47:35 +0000, richard wrote in message
<[🔎] 20120218124735.495f9e67@lap.g8jvm.com>:

> On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 04:11:52 -0800
> "Weaver" <weaver@riseup.net> wrote:
>

> > > Hi All
> > > How do you change the drive permissions of a USB plugin flash
> > > It was written with winxp, I feel nauseous every time I type that,
> > > and is read only
> > > Thanks
> >
> > I've found that MS put a funny little file on the drive when it's
> > formatted to NTFS which makes it inaccessible through Unix variants.
> > When I format the same drive to NTFS through Debian, I don't have
> > that problem.
> >
> > Is this what's happening?
> > regards,
> >
> > Weaver.
> >

> Hi
>
> Yes that looks like it, thanks , I'll save the contents to a file and
> reformat it, then copy them back. Another reason to hate MS

..I disagree, leave that bit to the lawyers, lawyers needs work
too, and nice law sharks does it pro bono to earn nick names like
The Nazgul. ;o)

..http://groklaw.net/ is another nice place where we enjoy the
airshow like qualities of Microsoft straw men squirming. ;oD

..this wee anti-unix file you've found, sounds like a new wee
stunt I gather we'd like to hear more about at GrokLaw. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: