Removing hardware identifiers from an existing installation (esp. Grub2)

A while ago I installed Emdebian (Squeeze) to a compact flash card on a single board computer. I had not anticipated this, but now I'd like to take that installation and replicate it on other identical flash cards on other identical SBCs.

(If I *had* anticipated this, I might have put a live system on the drive, but that's plan C.)

Of course, when I say "identical", in fact the UUID of the drives differ every time. This is a problem for Debian, since it uses drive UUIDs in the Grub2 configuration, in /etc/fstab and maybe even elsewhere.

I've fixed /etc/fstab to do what I want, so now my question is: how do I get Grub2 to stop using UUIDs? In particular, the line:

    search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set [UUID here]

I've already fixed this line in /etc/default/grub:

    GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID="true"

...but is there some other place to turn off the UUID searching?

In a more general sense, are there any other gotchas I might have to look for here, where a Debian installation is tied to drive UUIDs, network adapter MAC addresses, or any variable hardware identifiers?

Cheers,
Jason Heeris