Re: Recommendations for how to watch Linux desktop from remote Windows?

On 02/17/2012 01:59 PM, keitho@strucktower.com wrote:
Quick question (I think...):

Can you recommend a free and easily available software package that will
allow a Windows user to see my Linux desktop?

My brother is in another state, and I want him to be able to see my
desktop, not necessarily control it. He only uses Windows, my system is
Debian using i3wm.

Would skype do the trick? I have no experience with it. I have a pretty
low bandwidth connection...

We don't need video, or audio for that matter, since we could do this
while on the phone, if that makes it work faster.

I'm sure he doesn't want to have to load anything too complicated or
intrusive on his Windows machine...

The synergy package for debian then get the windows version.

Works fine here for my desktop <---> IBM-t40 laptop.

HTH

Wayne